Top 50 Worldwide
Description: Top 50 songs in the world on Spotify, data is updated everyday
Processing: downloaded .csv from Spotify
- Track Name (string): name of the song
- Artist (string): name of the artist of the song
- Position (numerical): ranking number of the song
- Popularity (numerical): The popularity of the track. The value will be between 0 and 100, with 100 being the most popular.
The popularity of a track is a value between 0 and 100, with 100 being the most popular. The popularity is calculated by algorithm and is based, in the most part, on the total number of plays the track has had and how recent those plays are.
Generally speaking, songs that are being played a lot now will have a higher popularity than songs that were played a lot in the past. Duplicate tracks (e.g. the same track from a single and an album) are rated independently. Artist and album popularity is derived mathematically from track popularity. Note that the popularity value may lag actual popularity by a few days: the value is not updated in real time.
- URL (string): link to the song on Spotify
Found a bug in the documentation? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org